Monday, January 30, 2012

Banjos / Beacons

The Album begins here.. or my sharing of the process rather..

In 2009 I released "Get me wrong", a 4 song EP that sounded pretty nice I think.. Had some of my best songs at the time paired with Anthony on drums....ok, this is already too long.. 

I'm making a new record.. if you're close with me in real life, you've heard me say that a bunch and you don't actually believe me anymore. But I swear.. I've been busy and busy and busy, and there really is a new record in the works NOW WITH SOME SORT OF STRANGE UNSUBSTANTIAL PROOF...press play and continue reading please, thanks.


I've been a part of... lemme count em... 7 ish recording processes that ended up with albums that I felt good about selling to folks.. 3 with Delta Activity, 2 with Good Hustle, and 2 solo records.. The approach is always different. I love performing live.. I kinda hate recording.. I love great recordings!! but I hate making them... but.. I have so much new music. It's time to let it go. So, this record, is about falling back in love.. with the recording process, and lyrically I find myself singing about the same ol' tragedies far less... does this mean it will suck? Yes, probably... But I have no choice other than venture into that deep dark place of happiness and contentment to churn this one out. My sad shoes have worn through... and you can tell by this blog post and my use of ellipses... that I'm quite jovial. 

For better or for worse, I have begun experimenting with different instruments and different recording techniques in order to have fun/entertain myself while I make this record.. I think/hope it will make something that you'll want to bump while you drive around this summer/winter/decade - whenever I finish it.

The idea with the audio above and below, is to get an idea and finish it in one-ish sitting.. An exercise in trying to get better at completing an entire idea that I can eventually turn into solid gold and show other musicians when it comes time to make final recordings and/or play live. 


Questions? concerns? feedback?
Hope you hear from me soon.

Enjoy.

- Ben




No comments:

Post a Comment